“Inside Umbria” Celebration, May 2017: Good Things Come in Threes
“Good things come in threes,” they say. For me, our third year of the early May ten-day “Annesitaly INSIDE Umbria” Celebration affirms the saying.
Kris, Sally, Jerry and Carol, mille grazie to each of you for your enthusiastic participation in all our adventures, for the zest with which you each truly lived our “INSIDE” Umbria experiences.
Mille grazie, too, for the notes you wrote me before leaving:
* ”What a rare gift to be shown Umbria through your eyes! It has been beyond what we had imagined: Assisi, Spello, Bevagna, Gubbio, Perugia, Montefalco. Each so unique but you showed us their many commonalities. My understanding of the history of art has been expanded and deepened; my sense of history has been brought to life through Calendimaggio and our visits to the many sites; and all together….amazing to stay at your beautiful farm , cooking with you..and just appreciating your life so intertwined with the land.. (and)…our visits and meals with local rural friends – such a unique opportunity to feel our connections with our fellow humans…..’’ Kris S
“…our tenth visit to Assisi and we thought we knew it well; however it has been a revelation to travel with you. Your love of Assisi and Umbria have expanded our horizons greatly….The Calendimaggio set the scene….we will never forget the Ceri festival …we have greatly appreciated being able to visit towns hitherto unseen – Gubbio and Deruta in particular..”
Highlights of our ten-days of adventures?
* Of course, our medieval festival, Calendimaggio, leads off: four days of euphoria as Assisi celebrates the return of spring with stunning pageantry:
Glad you enjoyed the good times and splendor, Sally:
“My stay in Assisi ..beyond my wildest dreams…..Calendimaggio and the Ceri festivals were truly amazing! Annie you made it all come to life so I felt like a native Umbrian….your love of life and Assisi will be in my heart forever… Sally H.
* We started our first day of Calendimaggio festival events with a feast in the home of farm friends, Olga and Americo:
* Our Montefalco outing left us all feeling “in the pink”:
* In Bevagna, our visit included an “inside” visit to the 17th palace of a famed artist – and a delectable lunch:
Any “Inside Umbria” experience simply must include knowing the rural people and glad you all appreciated our times with rural friends. Thanks, Carol, for your note about our rural feasting:
* Meeting the locals and dining with your friends has been a unique experience……(and) it has been so peaceful staying in your casa and cooking with you..
* Good to cook up Umbrian rural goodness with you all, in our farmhouse kitchen:
* Perugia wonders enticed us all, from frescoed guildhalls to Umberto’s whipped cream goodness:
* Deruta won us over with maiolica magic and that buonissimo farm cooking of Giuseppa:
During the group’s free day, we headed to Gubbio together to share in local passione for a special festival.
Most memorable moments? Not easy to decide and each guest carried off their own treasure memories.
Read about Calendimaggio splendor
Read about the first day of the 2017 Annesitaly Inside Umbria Celebration tour
Click to read about another memorable day of this May, 2017 Celebration
Read about – and see! – the 2016 Annesitaly Inside Umbria Celebration tour
Read about the Deruta day of the May 2017 Annesitaly Inside Umbria celebration tour
Read about the “cooking day” of this 2017 “Annesitaly Inside Umbria” early May tour
Read about the May 2017 tour group’s Perugia discoveries
Read about our 2017 May tour full into Gubbio passione
Read about the groups INSIDE experience in Bevagna
Click here to read about – and see!- the group’s INSIDE rural life experience