Ingredients (for 4 – 6 persons, approximately)
- Pasta (I used the twisted fusilli but penne or rigatoni pasta fine, too ) – 1/2 lb for every 5 persons
- winter squash, about 1 lb – 1 1/2 lbs, diced
- fresh sage leaves, 5 or 6…..or to taste
- slice of prosciutto, thickly sliced and diced
- medium-sized onion, diced
- grated Parmesan cheese, q. b. (“quanto basta” or “as much as you need)
- extra-virgin olive oil, q. b
- salt, pepper, q. b.
Dice winter squash. Dice onion and sage leaves (and I’ll use the cradle knife to finely-dice the sage). Cover saucepan with extra-virgin olive oil, heating slightly. Add diced onion and simmer just a few minutes, then add diced prosciutto, then a ladleful of boiling water. Simmer about ten minutes. Add diced winter squash, salt (q.b. – about 1 T) – and simmer, after adding a bit of boiling water. Simmer until squash soft. Cook pasta in salted boiling water and drain when pasta al dente. Mix the squash/prosciutto/sage sauce into the pasta and serve.