Ingredients (for 4- 6 persons)
- winter squash, about 1 – 1/2 lbs
- extra-virgin olive oil, q.b. (“quanto basta” or “as much as you need”)
- grated peel of one organic lemon
- generous bunch of fresh rosemary
- fresh sage, about 6 – 7 leaves
- branch of fresh thyme
- corn flour – about 1 cup
- salt, pepper, q. b.
- optional additions: grated parsley, dice prosciutto, slivered almonds or walnuts or pinenuts
Cut winter squash into pieces and finely dice rosemary, sage and thyme (I use our mezzaluna or “cradle knife” for that). Add diced herbs to squash pieces and mix, adding about 3 T (or more) of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
Grate the peel of an organic lemon and add the lemon zest to the squash mixture. Line baking dish with wax paper rubbed with olive oil. Fill with squash mixture. Sprinkle about 1 c of corn flour over squash, mixing into squash mixture before putting the pan into the oven.
Optional: sprinkle mixture with finely-diced fresh parsley before putting in oven. If you wish, mix in diced prosciutto or add slivered almonds, walnuts, pine nuts. Bake at 350 F for about twenty minutes or until squash soft.