for 4 people
- 600 grams of pasta (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 50 leaves of basil
- 50 grams of pine nuts – about 1/4 c. (2 oz)
- 1 garlic glove
- 30 grams (about 4 T) of grated Parmesan cheese
- 30 grams of grated pecorino
- 1/2 glass of extravergine olio di oliva
- 2 small potatoes
- 100 grams (about 1/4 lb) of string beans salt
1) Clean the string beans and cook them in salted boiling water for 15 minutes. Peel the potatoes and boil them in another pot for 25 minutes. Cool the string beans and potatoes and cut them in small pieces (a little bigger than a dice).
2) Wash and dry the basil leaves and put them in a mixer with the pine nuts , garlic, 1 T of olive oil and 2 pinches of salt, mixing them until they become a creamy sauce.
3) Unite to the creamy pesto sauce the Parmesan e pecorino cheese (1 teaspoon at a time) and the rest of the olive oil until it becomes a creamy sauce.
4) Cook the pasta in salted water and when the pasta is cooked (don’t throw away the cooking water), unite the pasta to the creamy pesto sauce, adding 2 T of the pasta water.
Then add the potatoes and string beans and serve hot!!!